About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to Traveling Exhibits Inspiration Ave. My name is Lisa and I'm the Exhibits Coordinator for Teacher's Discovery. It is truly an honor and a privilege to work with teachers and librarians throughout the United States in giving the gift of awe, inspiration and a museum experience to their students and patrons. Working with you has been so rewarding for me and I am moved and inspired daily with the heartfelt experiences that have been shared with me from so many who have hosted a Traveling Exhibit(s). When an educator is inspired it's contagious and therefore their students are inspired too. I will do my best always, to assist you in giving the best exhibition that will enrich the lives of all who are witness to our Spectacular Exhibits. With this blog I will share pictures,comments, ideas and activities that have been shared with me and use it as a tool for you to inspire your peers.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Maconaquah Elementary School Hosts the Diego Rivera Exhibit and Brenda Sends Us Another Love Letter

Good afternoon Lisa,
I just took down the Rivera exhibit and packaged it up to send back. That is such a let-down after enjoying it for a week plus. Once again it met and surpassed our expectations. I just love these panels and the great potential they have for my students to learn about artists, see clearly wonderful pieces and have the week to truly absorb some of the wonder and excitement of great works of art. We have several Mexican students here at Maconaquah and they especially enjoyed learning about Diego and Frida and some Mexican history. I was glad to share the Day of the Dead history with all of my students too. Monday, students will comment about how bare the walls are on the hall that we use for the exhibit. That is great too, they noticed and are anticipating the next panel to arrive.
Here is the story my LD teaching friend told me yesterday. A child in her class was walking with her by the exhibit and began relating to her about the picture being a dream, Diego's mother, that he was painted as a younger child and holding his mom's hand, perspective with the band, about the flower vendor and the mining picture. He had the facts about Frida and Diego and several other things we had talked about in class. She was quite impressed and shared his excitement in being able to teach her new things. What a teaching experience and acknowledgment of his listening and learning in art class. Thank you.
I promoted your company at the AEAI conference in Indi last weekend. My presentation went well (I didn't trip on any cords and fall down-- must be a success!!) and at the end I told them about the great exhibits/art history opportunity we are having this year and gave them your web address. A few had hosted your panels in the past and agreed that you are the best. In the elementary division meeting the next day I plugged you again. I hope you get some response from them. I so love working with you all there and this extension of teaching, it has been great fun.
Thanks, Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment