About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to Traveling Exhibits Inspiration Ave. My name is Lisa and I'm the Exhibits Coordinator for Teacher's Discovery. It is truly an honor and a privilege to work with teachers and librarians throughout the United States in giving the gift of awe, inspiration and a museum experience to their students and patrons. Working with you has been so rewarding for me and I am moved and inspired daily with the heartfelt experiences that have been shared with me from so many who have hosted a Traveling Exhibit(s). When an educator is inspired it's contagious and therefore their students are inspired too. I will do my best always, to assist you in giving the best exhibition that will enrich the lives of all who are witness to our Spectacular Exhibits. With this blog I will share pictures,comments, ideas and activities that have been shared with me and use it as a tool for you to inspire your peers.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

More love notes.... This is why we do it!




Last April Lincoln Street Elementary School in Waverly, NY hosted our Spectacular, Teacher's Choice Award Winning Vincent vanGogh Traveling Exhibit. Teacher, Karen Navaie sent me a love note which contained quotes from students. This is what they said, this is how they felt, this is why we do it.
Lisa, the exhibit Vincent vanGogh was awesome. Thank you so much. My students, parents, staff and faculty were so excited about the exhibit. Everyone was talking about vanGogh & Starry Night. One kindergarten student came around the corner after I set up the exhibit. His comment, "WOW!", "That's Starry Night by Vincent vanGogh!". Other comments - "I think that the display was really amazing!" "It was so big that many people can see it at once". "My favorite display was the Night Cafe and the view from his hospital room, because there were very bright colors!" 6th grade student.
"When I first saw the painting it looked alive and I like it ever since." 6th grade student
"Spectacular! Beautiful, Amazing" 5th grade student
"I think I'll never forget that exhibit! Starry Night was beautiful and big, and just like lots of Vincent's wondrous paintings. It really touched you just to look at it, and that exhibit shows you that!" 4th grade student
"I thought is was awesome with all the beautiful colors and the brush strokes. It reminded me of being in a patch of flowers with lots of colors. I learned that Vincent died penniless and that his paintings were worth so much. Starry Night was beautiful!" 4th grade student
Thank you again for the exhibit. I'm already planning to get one for next year.
Thanks, Karen Navaie

No comments:

Post a Comment